Thursday 19 June 2008

Why start blogging?

I'm the kind of guy who'll watch pretty much any sport that's on the tv (apart from Golf, Darts and horse-racing...).  I've been to many sporting events live but earlier this year I ended up going along to see what this ice hockey stuff was all about. Would it take forever to finish? Is the quality absolutely shocking? Would we be the only people who turn up to watch it? The answer to all these was an emphatic no. The game was fast-paced, action packed and the atmosphere right up there.  I guess a 10-5 victory helped as well.....




Since that first game some 5 months ago, I've definitely been bitten by the 'ice-hockey bug'. I've found out more about the sport (The hockey forum helped in this respect- see link on the right), come to understand what 'icing' means and am used to the normality of players fighting on the ice. 
By now you can probably tell what I'm going to be blogging about- it's the Guilford Flames, the EPL (or English Premier League, which is basically the 2nd tier of ice hockey in the UK) and most likely anything else that seems like worth mentioning. 

So sit back, get comfortable and get ready to read the thoughts of a novice who's about to watch his first full season of ice hockey! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice intro. Good to see Hockey is still grabbing the attention of new fans. I look forward to reading more.

Will

Paul said...

This does look promising...
Noticed the link on the Hockey Forum (I write the Breakaway Blog mentioned in the Hockey Blogs topic and post as block15blaze) and thought I'd have a look as the Breakaway, for all my efforts, is still a bit light on EPL content). I shall definitely be coming back and I'll give you a mention on mine also...
It's tricky sometimes, this blogging lark, but once people start reading it you get a hell of a buzz...
Good luck and welcome to the Brit gockey blogosphere!

FireStorm said...

Cheers for the support guys- i'm sure it'll be a lot easier to write when I know there's an audience out there waiting for it.
I'm going to put some links to other blogs in as well.......is it you who does the penguins blog will?

Unknown said...

Sure is. Not sure if ill be doing it much next year, but we'll see.

 
Anything written in this blog is the opinion of the author.....